HISTORICAL MAP OF THE AREA
Click on the green map on the right to bring up a very detailed map of the area as it was in 1840, with the modern extremities of the Parish highlighted.
SIGNIFICANT MILESTONES FOR ST PAUL MALMESBURY WITHOUT PARISH
StPMW parish was not established. The land was divided between a Malmesbury parish and a Westport parish
Malmesbury Borough was created at the expense of the Malmesbury Parish
The reduced part of Malmesbury parish was renamed St. Paul Malmesbury Without parish. The name originates from the Malmesbury church of St. Paul, of which only the west tower now remains
All of Westport parish outside Malmesbury borough is transferred to St Paul Malmesbury Without parish.
RAF Hullavington opens
EKCO establishes a ‘shadow factory’ at Cowbridge and specialises in the top secret development and production of new radar systems used in WW2
The built up area of StPMW parish adjacent to Malmesbury transferred to Malmesbury
Malmesbury by-pass constructed
Malmesbury boundary extended, at the expense of StPMW parish to follow the by-pass, along Filands Road past its Tetbury Hill junction and south via Park Lane to the junction with the Sherston Road; this tripled the area of the town
RAF Hullavington renamed Buckley Barracks after a VC hero
Primary Care Centre opened by HRH Prince of Wales
Major housing development at Cowbridge commences
Malmesbury Town, Brokenborough parish and St Paul Malmesbury Without parish councils combine to work on a Neighbourhood Plan restricting the developer led planning of previous years.
The Neighbourhood plan is formally agreed at a referendum with a 90% yes vote.
Opening of the Cowbridge to Malmesbury permissive path
Opening of the Milbourne safety refuge pavement on the sharp blind bend
Provision of additional safety lighting on Foxley Rd
All-weather surfacing of the Cowbridge to Malmesbury permissive path